Having pain in arm, tingling and twitching sensation in back and chest. How to get relief?

Psychiatrist
Question
I have an aching pain just blow my left arm pit spreading down the arm and a tingling or twitching sensation in my back and chest. This has been going on for months, had heart checked, blood work and xrays with no clear answer to the cause. I'm having some dizziness and night sweats as well. My iron has been testing high as well.
Posted Mon, 5 Nov 2012 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 39 minutes later
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your question.

You have mentioned that your blood investigations and a cardiac work-up have been normal. In this case, it is likely that your symptoms such as unilateral pain and tingling over the arm, chest and back area could be indicative of a 'neuropathic pain' i.e. when there is some nerve root is affected or compressed. This can result in pain or tingling over the areas innervated by that nerve root. So, your symptoms may be indicative of a cervical nerve root problem, which in turn could be caused due to a cervical spondylosis (which is a type of arthritis involving the spinal vertebrae) This could also explain the dizziness.

I would suggest that you have a thorough neurological examination and a Cervical spine imaging done to explore this probable cause.

Wish you all the best.

- Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar

Follow-up: Having pain in arm, tingling and twitching sensation in back and chest. How to get relief? 2 hours later
Could this also cause my iron to be high?

Hello again,

This has no co-relation with your high iron level. Can you upload your blood test reports (including the iron level), if you have them with you?

- Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar