Having pain in arm and shoulder. Taking panadol. Any suggestion?

Hi, I woke in the middle of the night last night with a dull ache in my top left arm, over the course of today it has spread to my shoulder at times but still remains in my top left arm. I have no other symptoms and feel other wise fine. I have taken 5 panadol today and this has done no good what so ever...i usually respond well to pain medication when i need to take it. Any ideas? Thank you in advance
Posted Sat, 1 Sep 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vidya KR 28 minutes later
Hi, Thanks for using the XXXXXXX

Dull ache in left arm is more suggestive of musculoskeletal pain, most probably due to muscle spam.

You need to take analgesic, since it is not relieved by panadol better to take analgesic like tramodol and peripheral muscle relaxant like tizanidine..
Along with these give rest to left arm atleast for 2-3 days.

If your symptoms worsens even after these medications consult your doctor for examination and management. Get tested for your BP, ECG and lipid profile done to rule out cardiac problem (Chances are minimal for 29 year, female).

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help. Thank you.
Get well soon.

Dr. Vidya KR