Having pain in arm after injecting zofran, benadryl and valium in antecubital. Concerned

I had an iv in my antecubital 2 Days ago. They pushed zofran, benedryl, and Valium. Today my arm began to hurt but not at antecubital the medial vein or artery in that arm is hard and hurts a bit. When she pushed Benadryl it burned in that area but that's not where iv was. I'm thinking of going to ER.
Posted Wed, 12 Dec 2012 in Vaccinations
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later

Yes, I do recommend you to visit the ER now. The pain in the arm you have could be related to the Intravenous injections you had. Though not Phlebitis, but the veins at the site of injection might be irritated by the medications administered to you. Zofran and Valium both more than Benadryl have tendency to cause such irritation in the veins for days.

Do visit ER where they may examine the arm and ascertain the fact. Also Intravenous fluids may be administered to washout the effects of the medications you were previously administered.

Wish you good health.