Having pain in anus, passing blood and having burning sensation. Diagnosed with Pelvic Chronic Pain Syndrome. Treatment?

Jul 2016

My husband is in significant pain in his anus. He is also passing bright red blood for weeks. He is going 6-10 times a day--and his stool is runny. He has a constant burning sensation in his anus. He has also recently been diagnosed with Pelvic hemorrhoids and I got him some Prep H suppositories--he used it and he experienced insane burning. I suggested yet another sitz bath to hopefully alleviate the pain. Should I take him to urgent care?
Posted Sat, 22 Jun 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 3 hours later
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that your husband has severe pain in anus and have bleeding per rectum .
He has been diagnosed to have pelvic pain syndrome and been taking alpha blockers .
His pain and bleeding per rectum is most likely to be due to acute fissure in anus.0r Haemorrhoids.and not related to use of alpha blockers.

The final diagnosis can be confirmed only on clinical, digital and proctoscopic examination. Please consult qualified General Surgeon for detail assessment and further treatment.

Hope I have answered your query.
Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.