Having pain in abdomen. Got strange discharge. HPT negative. Advice?

hi,on 10 dpo i had a brown jelly small discharge on day 11 & 12 it was darker brown with 2 small black clots in it day 13, 14 & 15s today is bright red & not like a period . i took a pregnancy test & it was negative > i also had terrible pain in my left side with diareah last night
Posted Sun, 5 May 2013 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Since the bleeding has increased from a brown discharge to a bright red color and the pregnancy test has come negative, it is more likely to be your normal period with a little variation in the bleeding pattern. The pain abdomen and diarrhea can also be suggestive of your impending period.
To be more sure, you can get a blood HCG levels evaluated which is a more sensitive test to detect pregnancy.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Having pain in abdomen. Got strange discharge. HPT negative. Advice? 13 hours later
when i woke up this morning i felt a bit nausious & dizzy and still do not feel right . i also have pain in my stomach kind of like a bubbly gassy pain / cramp & when i wiped it was 1 stringy like mucus very light. fertility friend said my period date was yesterday & to test for pregnancy on wed should i still do this ?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 10 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
It is likely to be your period. You can wait for next 4-5 days for the bleeding and the symptoms to subside spontaneously. Pregnancy test can be done just to be double sure.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.