Having pain from shoulder back to finger tips. Hand is swollen and always stiff. Underlying cause?

I have severe from my right shoulder back to finger tips. Hand area below elbow is swollen. Right hand is always and stiff. Lot of XXXXXXX pain. What are these symptoms
Posted Sun, 14 Jul 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 1 hour later
Thanks for question posted .
I would be pleased to answer the same .

I would like to inform you that since you have a swelling and pain in the hand with stiffness , it sounds like you may have got arthritis and myositis.
This may be a part of an autoimmune reaction or infection . I would suggest you to XXXXXXX the doctor to start you on pain killers or antibiotics.
You might also need to get a ultrasonography done.
Thanks and take care