Having pain during urination. Had sex. Anything wrong or normal?

General Surgeon
I have a new partner we can have penetrative sex up to 4 times a day. It hurts before & after urination, there is pink when i wipe & im going to the toilet more often but not much comes out . What could be the problem?
Posted Tue, 7 May 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 1 hour later

Thank you for the query.

Your symptoms are quite characteristic for urethra most likely). It is not an STD. Woman have very short urethra and during the intercourse there is a possibility of its infection by bacteria present in the vagina or around the anus.
I suggest you to have urine analysis performed first. Most likely antibiotics (Ciprofloxacine 500 mg 2x1 for 5 days) are necessary. You should also increase mineral water intake and cranberries supplements.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.