Having pain during sitting and bending. Noticed brown discharge and blood clots. Should I be concerned?
User rating for this question
I was told that i have large mass on an ovary that they can't find. I am constant pain, mainly when sitting,bending twisting and climbing for 3 months. Then out of the blue I got white discharge then brown mucus discharge and then blood clots and bleeding. My doctor says to wait to see what the mri says but I am concerned. This lasted for 10 days.
Posted Fri, 6 Dec 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: Take tablets to control bleeding, D&C may needed Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. Ovarian masses can be of different types. Large masses can present with pain abdomen. Twisting of the mass, compression over surrounding structures can lead to excessive pain. Hormones producing tumors of the ovary can lead to bleeding through vagina by affecting the endometrial tissue. By MRI and CA 125 levels, one conclusion can be drawn regarding mass. Consult gynecologist once, take tablets to control the bleeding. And go for D&C or endometrial biopsy. Histopathological examination of the tissue gives idea about the cause for bleeding. Depending on all these investigations, treatment can be planned. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.
Follow-up: Having pain during sitting and bending. Noticed brown discharge and blood clots. Should I be concerned? 5 minutes later
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: MRI may find out the exact cause Detailed Answer: Hi, Sometimes ovary can not be made out in ultrasound. The causes are : - Ovarian mass completely occupying the ovary, with out leaving any normal tissue. -Ovary hiding behind some other structures like uterus. This can occur due to adhesions etc. In these type of cases, according to the expected position of the ovary, usually the mass is suspected as ovarian mass. And further tests are advised accordingly. Possibly MRI can made out the exact nature of the mass. Take care.
People also viewed
- Blood clot followed by brown discharge
- What causes bleeding after three weeks post hysterectomy
- What is brown discharge with blood clots
- Brown discharge with blood clots
- Does duphaston terminate the pregnancy and start the periods
- When to expect ovulation after taking pivox tablets
- Swollen lymph nodes in neck swollen tongue and gums
- Swollen glands behind ear on skull
- Swollen lump on lower calf of leg seems to be moving
- Pain and blood clots during periods
- Noticed mucous discharge with blood clot during periods
- Suggest treatment for heavy period bleeding resulting in anemic conditions
- Swollen deformed knuckle
- What causes abdomen pain and lower back after my periods
- Swollen cheek at gum line