Having pain during first intercourse. Unable to insert penis. Is this normal? Precaution to be taken?

Question
I am a 22 years old boy. I tried to have sex with my wife. This was my first sex in my life. I was unable to insert my penis inside her. I tried nearly 4-5 times but I failed everytime. The problem was the pain. I know that girls feel pain during first sex because of seal but not only her, that time my penis was also paining in the same manner while inserting. I want to know that do boys have also any seal like girls which make his penis pain while first sex...? Why my penis was paining...? Is this penis pain is normal to boys...? please tell me doctor everything in detail.......about boy's seal and everything about this pain and suggestions for my first sex and lotions to be used or precautions to be taken........Please answer me and remove my problem...I got frustrated in such a manner that I understood this lack of practice and decided to go to prostitutes for practice so that I can please my wife being an experienced holder. As a doctor, suggest me about this too whether is there any need for practice or everything will be fine.....
Posted Wed, 29 Aug 2012 in Men Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 46 minutes later

First of all please relax. I do not think both of you have any problem.

Before proceeding anything further let me warn of you about thinking of going to prostitute for practice. Absolutely there is no need to such a XXXXXXX training.

Most of the men experience some kind of difficulty while having sex for the first time. You are not an exception. Only thing is that they do not share due to various reasons.

There are no seal like thing in men. At times when you are not fully excited there could be pain on tip of penis due to too much force used or dryness, which can give rise to pain.

In routine if you are getting full erection without pain and able to retract your foreskin completely, you are not having any problem.

Do not loose patience, talk to your partner and take her in to confidence. You had it for the first time, not last time, means there are end number of occasions are pending.

You will definitely be able to do it. When ever you are new to something, forget sex, you can have difficulty in doing that thing. Am I right?

Just do not become impatient.

Also understand that penetrative sex is just one third of entire act. Spend good time in foreplay (time before sex) and after play (after penetrative act).

The more you are excited, easier will insertion.

Try to have sex early in morning, as during this time the male hormones are at peak, will have stronger erection.You can always learn by experiments. Do not shy, discuss everything with your partner and take her co operation.

She only can tell what she likes.

Please do not worry.

I hope this clarifies your concern and guide you properly.

Please do not hesitate to ask again, if you have something more to ask.

Dr.Pragnesh

Follow-up: Having pain during first intercourse. Unable to insert penis. Is this normal? Precaution to be taken? 1 hour later
Thanks for your valuable suggestion....It helped me a lot. You were true in the sense that I don't get highly excited due to nervousness but I am good in foreplay and all according to my partner.
Is there need of any lotion like thing needed for removing dryness and smoothing purpose...? If yes, please suggest the name...
Or anything else is needed or taken care of, please tell me...
One more thing which keep me away from utmost excitement is her small breasts. She is having 30 only. I love her too much but a little problem of breast size comes as hurdle in physical attraction towards her. Even she is also depressed because of this...
Sir, kindly give an appropriate solution or answer about her breast size and my lack of physical attraction towards her...Your answer will be higly helpfull and valuable to me......

Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later

Good to hear from you again.

There is no need for any lotion. When you are excited there is no need for any form of lubrication. At the most you can use condom for some time which are lubricated.

As far as size of breast is concerned, it is subjective matter. You also know that size of breast has nothing to do with pleasure. Ask her also that there is nothing to get disappointed. Size is not important for any of its function.

Please do not give much importance to this. You can try different positions over a period of time which will make the act more enjoyable.

Sexuality is a wholesome experience. You should try to enjoy the whole thing rather focusing of particular part.

Your excited partner is best attraction for you. Both of you can experiment different type of attractive clothes which can make act more enjoyable.

I hope this helps.

Wishing you a happy and healthy married life.

Dr.Pragnesh

Follow-up: Having pain during first intercourse. Unable to insert penis. Is this normal? Precaution to be taken? 23 hours later
Again Thank you for your valuable suggestion sir......
Tell me one thing, during insertion, the skin of my penis will be extracted upwards compulsorily or it will be in normal position covering whole penis...? I mean by extracted upwards "uncovering half of the penis"... I hope you understand...

Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 11 hours later

When you are excited the foreskin(skin covering head of penis) rolls back and exposes the glans penis(tip of penis).

In your words"uncovering half of the penis" is normal and should happen.

If this does not happen you might have pain during sex.

I hope this clarifies.

Dr.Pragnesh