Having pain during bowel movement. Is it due to haemorrhoid?
User rating for this question
Can pain during BM be caused by hemmoroid? I can feel a hemmoroid in my rectal area?
Posted Sat, 23 Nov 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 36 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Detailed Answer: Thanks for the query. Yes,actually this is one of the most common causes of rectal pain during BM. It may be associated with burning sensation and small rectal bleeding. However,some other ano-rectal problems may cause such pain as well so I am not sure do you feel hemmoroids or rectal prolaps,anal polyp,fisure or perianal abscess. If you can always touch soft protrusion in your anal canal then it can be any of these,but if you can feel it only form time to time then this is probably hemoroid. The only way to find it out for sure is to visit proctologist. till that, eat high fibre food and use stool softeners when pain occur.Also,have sitz baths in salty water and avoid straining during BM. Symptoms may improve on these measures.If not,then it should be surgically removed. Wish you good health. Feel free to ask. regards
Follow-up: Having pain during bowel movement. Is it due to haemorrhoid? 25 minutes later
I don't feel it all the time. It comes and goes, so hopefully it is just the hemmoroid acting up.
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 2 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hi Detailed Answer: Yes, in this case it is very likely to be hemmoroid.
People also viewed
- Stomach pain and temperiture
- How should depression and bi-polar disorder medication be taken
- Always thirsty stomach pain
- Haemorrhoids leg pain
- Pain during bowel movement
- What causes facial dryness when using retin a
- Chest pain during bowel movement
- What causes painful bumps on the scalp
- Pain neck during bowel movement
- Suggest treatment for constipation and rectal bleeding
- Severe pain during bowel movements
- Pain in stomach using tampons
- Stomach pain and swollen testicle
- Stomach pains when straightening
- Suggest treatment for hearing loss