Having pain due to swollen stomach and told as having a swollen spleen and liver. Could I ask a doctor?

My niece has a swollen stomach (like 9 mos pregnant) She has seen several Dr.s who have run tests on her and told her that all her tests were fine, She is also in a lot of pain and they prescribe pain pills. Something is showing about her blood, sorry I don't know what. We are trying to find out what it could be to help her, she lives in Sonora and I know she hasn't seen any specialists, just Dr's. She said they told her she has a swollen spleen and liver. I do not think she is a drinker. Can you advise me on what I should guide her to do?? XXXX XXXXXXX
Posted Sun, 17 Nov 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Talk to hematologist to evaluate her situation...

Detailed Answer:

The swollen spleen and liver noticed in your niece is related to any blood disorders she might have as could be shown in her complete blood profile work.

The very first thing to do is to talk to a hematologist and get his/her opinion if it is time to remove her spleen surgically or not. Then, if the hematologist is ok, you should discuss with an abdominal surgeon for the operation.

This is all you can guide her: talk to a hematologist as soon as possible, breathe fresh air, and eat healthy.

Hope it helped!

p.s. if you have more concern over your niece, do not hesitate to write back to me!