Having pain between feet and leg. What should I do?

I run and cycle fairly regularly. The joints between feet amd leg give me quite a pain in the morning or when I start walking after resting a while. What shoud I do?
Posted Wed, 10 Jul 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Prasad 2 hours later

Since the pain is precipitated with mobilization, the localized pain is most likely due to mechanical reasons. I

You have not mentioned if you develop swelling and restriction of movements at the affected joints. Presence of swelling and joint movement restriction suggest inflammation and needs to be evaluated.

Mechanical pain such as these can be treated with topical pain killers such as diclofenac ointments. If the pain is severe and recurring at most times, you should consider consulting an orthopedician for evaluation.

In addition, calcium supplements with weight management will help you.

Hope this answers your query.