Having pain below rib cage and noticed lump with some pain. Should I be worried?

Nov 2013

i am a 33 year old male, i had a dull ache on my side just below my right rib cage and noticed a small hard lump there, when i press on the lump there is slight pain , should i be worried and go see my gp? the lump is pea sized and is located directly under the centre of my right rib
Posted Fri, 2 Nov 2012 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 2 hours later
Thank you for contacting Healthcare magic.

First of all, let me reassure you that this is unlikely to be any serious problem.

The most common problem, which can present like this a minor local infection. This should resolve on its own in a few days. For relief, you could take analgesics such as ibuprofen or diclofenac.

At present, there is no need to see a doctor. However, if it does not subside in a few days or if it increases in size, you could consult a doctor.

I hope it helps. Please get back if yo have any further queries.
Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM