Having pain at the back of the knee cap after the submandibular gland surgery. Is it serious?

ENT Specialist
Is it O.K. To have bad pain at the back of the knee cap after the submandibular gland surgery?
Posted Sat, 20 Oct 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ravinder Sharma 50 minutes later
I am Dr Ravinder Sharma ENT surgeon
Knee pain is not known to occur after submandibular gand surgery. If the surgery was done under general anesthesia there may be a possibility of pain in calf muscles (possibly due to XXXXXXX vein thrombosis due to immobilazation in post operative period) after surgery. But this is also not common.

I see this as a isolated problem of knee joint (age is one contributing factor) . I would advise you to consult a orhtopedic surgeon for the same.

I hope this answers your concerns. Feel free to contact me if your need more information on this

With warm regards

Ravinder Sharma