Having pain around ribs area and passing yellow floating stool. How to overcome this?

I have yellow floating stools (for more than several weeks) and if I eat any kind of bread, etc I get terrible gas as well. At night after about two hours of sleep I wake up with a dull pain left area of my ribs just under my breast. If I sleep on my right side I get no pain. I have no pain any other time. I have a bowel movement once a day first thing every day. . it seems like everything I eat passes through very, very quickly.
Posted Sun, 7 Apr 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 24 minutes later
Thanks for the query

The stools you are having is actually not a gastroenteritis but hyper-motility phase cause formation of fundus gas that accumulates in the fundus that is located on the left side below ribs just below the heart sometimes also confused with heart pain. It is the common site for gas accumulation.

Antacids like magnesium carbonate are very effective along with bulky food intake are very helpful.

If you still have some query, feel free to ask