Having pain around anus and foot after drinking alcohol or ejaculation. Reason?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Apr 2013
Apr 2013

General Surgeon
Question
hi i have pain below my buttocks near anus in right side for many days.which make me uncomfortable to sit in chair or sleep in right corner side.The pain extends below the foot (heal).this happens after drinking alcohol or after ejaculation(pain mostly in right side nerve from anus to below the foot)
Posted Tue, 12 Mar 2013 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 33 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX.
There are several possible diagnosis for symptoms you ve said.
In area near and around anus infection is caommon and this then called perianal abscessus. It goes with inflammed and painful bump,and sometimes pus secretion. Do you fell such lump or have fever? If not then other causes needs to be considered.
First one is osteoarthritis and neuropathy. You are too young for it but sometimes nerve can be compressed in this area and this explains your pain which extends to foot. RTG would rule this out.
If we try to relate pain after ejaculation and around anus it sounds to me like urogenital infection or abscessus or sexually transmited disease and further test should be done: Urogenital ultrasound, lab and urine analysis.
If you have any question I am here.

Follow-up: Having pain around anus and foot after drinking alcohol or ejaculation. Reason? 1 hour later
No i XXXXXXX feel any lump or have any fever.

Sir,
Below read below to get the details:
I feel the pain below the right buttock(i think it is the nerve or gland (ejaculatory) that stretches or squezzed mostly at ejaculation time during masturbation,the pain start slowly during erection) above the right of anus and simultaneously i feel the pain(nerve) below the heel in right foot and below forefoot (the area where plantar fascia can cracks),Also my right nose become choked (i have cold problem related to dust allergy and under homeopathy treatment).

I feel my right side body (head to toe)has some kind of nerve strain or pull (in finger,s hand ,shoulder) that i dont feel it as free as my left side body.

Same pain starts or become more aggressive after taking good amount of alcohol.
I feel tha pain during urination, while siting(i have to sit on left buttock to ease the right side),WHILE SEEPING ALONG THE RIGHT SIDE OF BODY( SUCH THAT RIGHT LEG BUTTOCK OR RIGHT PARTS OF BODY IS BELOW ).

Before 1 and 1/2 months when this pain occur, i stop taking alcohol and masturbating for some days and it started decreasing and was very minmal.

before 2 weeks i started taking alcohol and masturbating in gap of 2-3 days.it again started, but now it is not decreasing or rate of decrease is very slow.

Sir should i stop alcohol and masturbating??

Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 5 hours later
Hi again.
This is not something usual, especially not at your age. Its hard to relate all your symptoms and find common cause of it. So i can tell you all possible causes which should be considered.

Urogenital disorder: If you find this related to masturbating then you shouldnt be worried because sometimes pain comes from the contraction of the bulbospongiosus muscle which causes referred pain to legs. The same effect would have uroinfection or prostate inflammation or any kind of abscessus in that area including perianal and rectal space. Such infections can irritate or press pelvic and legs nerves. Urine analysis,US and digitorectal exam would rule this out.

Musculosceletal disorder: As you said,your pain is increasing while laying on right side. Any muscle or bone trauma or distended tendon can strangulate nerves.

Neurological disorder: Sciatic nerve and sacral plexus is responsible for innervation of pelvis and legs,and any disorder which effect these nerves can cause your problems(nerve can be damaged in lumbar spine and pain can be felt till all the way till foot). It can be something simple and temporary but also more serious neuropathies (methabolic,infectious, diabetic,alcoholic) or spine tumors must be excluded. It can be found by nerve biopsy and specific lab test and spine MRI/CT.

Chronic alcohol abuse causes neuropathy and also it can trigger such pain,if you find helpful when you re nit drinking then dont. The same is with masturbation, dont do things which makes you feel worse. But despite this I think that some of these organic causes should be evaluated by making diagnostic tests I ve mentioned. Also if pain disappear on some analgetics it is also important sign. Bone and muscle pain would gone on any nonsteroid analgo drug, infectious disease or neuropathies wouldnt.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help