Having pain and tingling sensation in shoulder blade, rib cage and chest. What could causing this and cure?

I have a intermittent pain in my left shoulder blade. Sometimes I get a tingling in my shoulder blade as well. The pain then moves into my rib cage and across my chest. The pain is like a burning soreness if that makes sense. It tends to go away for weeks and then comes back. I also have a fullness in that area occasionally (only during a flare up). I have mentioned to my doctor and chiro to no avail. What could this be?
Posted Sun, 2 Sep 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 2 hours later

It seems like the pain and tingling is happening due to a muscle spasm in the left shoulder. I do not think of any other major cause here, as it is not associated with other widespread symptoms.

It can be a nerve pull as well. To confirm on the cause you may have to get an EMNG (ElectroMyoNeuroGram). However, at this point, I do not think it is necessary in you.

You may consider taking anti-inflammatory drugs like Tylenol for pain and nerve supplements like Neurobion forte for a month or two. Both are available over the counter in the US.

I hope this helps you. Please write back for follow up queries that you may have.