Having pain and swelling in knee. What can I do?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
About a month ago I went for a walk, stepped wrong and torked the inside of my knee. It hurts alot and did swell up. I stayed off it, wrapped it with an ace bandage for a week and it got better but weak. I went for a walk again yesterday and the same thing happened again. It feels like it needs to be poped back in to place. All the pain is on the side of the knee and it feels like it just needs to be popped back but it won't, I've tried many times. What can I do and why is it popping out?
Posted Thu, 12 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: Ligament or meniscal injury Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. From description it seems you might develop ligament or meniscal injury and that might be the cause of popping out or instability of knee. I would suggest getting this evaluated by an orthopedician for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management. You may get the X-ray/MRI of the area affected under his/her guidance. In the interim,apply ice packs to the affected area,anti-inflammatory drug like motrin to reduce pain and inflammation. Avoid putting weight and rest well. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care