Having pain and swelling between testicle and anus. What is causing this?

Jul 2012

I have a bit of pain on the right side of my groin, located actually underneath the right testicle and to the side of it in the muscle in between the testis and the anus. I seemed to arrive during an erection and now it's a bit swollen and uncomfortable. There is a little swelling in the area as well. Did I sprain my erectile muscle or is it something potentially worse?
Posted Wed, 7 Nov 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 27 minutes later
Hi there.
No it does not appear to be an erectile muscle tear.
It appears to be a form of'groin strain'. Yes muscular & will recover with rest to the region & activities therof, an antiinflammatory like ibuprofen (400/600mg three times/day after meals for 3 days depending on body weight); do not massage the region or 'rub' it, you may gently apply a gel like biofreeze or XXXXXXX heat but sans massaging. It may alternatively be an abscess if there is severe tenderness & perhaps an antibiotic like metronidazole 400mg three times daily added to this regime will help. It may require a prescription in your parts.
Hope this helps provide relief. If no respite in 24-48 hrs, please do go across to your Gp or an Orthopaedic/surgeon to help you out on the ground. Cheers & Good Luck & Godspeed!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Follow-up: Having pain and swelling between testicle and anus. What is causing this? 13 hours later
The pain and swelling seems to have subsided a little over the last 12 hours. I will follow your direction and I thank you for your immediate response. All the best!
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 8 hours later
Hey Guy,
Glad it is helping & wish you complete resolution soon :)
Do me a favour & cut & paste the above on the suggestion, ratings box & please do close this query; else it pops up in my inbox as a follow-up query..vagaries of technology :) Cheers!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD