Having pain and soreness in calf. Tender to touch. Could it be phlebitis or dvt?

calf painAfter 14 hour plane flight, arrived on Friday night. On Saturday, upper right calf on left side began getting sore. Discomfort gradually increased. Tender to the touch. Feels sore when leg is straightened and foot pulled back. No redness, no noticeable swelling, not noticeably warm to the touch, no fever. Sunday symptoms not better, maybe slightly worse. Concerned it is phlebitis or dvt.
Posted Sat, 24 Nov 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 6 hours later
Thanks for the question posted.
I would be pleased to answer your question .

I would suggest it would be an absolute need to get the leg examined by the Physician . I would be very important to rule out XXXXXXX Venous Thrombosis .
This condition commonly is seen following long haul flights .
It is a medical emergency as it is caused by a clot in the veins.

Please do get a Color Doppler done for the Veins .

Follow-up: Having pain and soreness in calf. Tender to touch. Could it be phlebitis or dvt? 6 hours later
Should I do this immediately or can I wait until i return to my country on Saturday? Thank you
I forgot to mention, i took since ibuprofen today and it feels a little better
Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 2 hours later
I would suggest you to see the ER immediately as I have mentioned it can be a medical emergency .
Response to pain killers in this condition is very subjective and may not treat the DVT>
so better to rule out the condition.
thanks and Take care