Having pain and several markings on right breast. Was told that breast hairs were inflamed. Advice

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Apr 2014
Apr 2014

Radiologist
Question
I have several markings on my right breast, the do not itch but sometimes their is pain in that breast. i was told by the skin doctor that my breast hair were inflamed
Posted Sat, 30 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Breast pain need further evaluation. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX It can be presumed that your doctor has properly seen you clinically and done local examination. According to history,it seems that your doctor has right diagnosis and give you proper advice but your age is 70 years and breast pain can't be ignored. So,at least screening of breast should be done. It includes local breast examination and mammography combined with sonography. It can detect the lesions. Later you should also do self breast examination.It will help in early diagnosis of lesions. At present,you can follow your doctor advice. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX

Follow-up: Having pain and several markings on right breast. Was told that breast hairs were inflamed. Advice 15 hours later
my gender is female and not male.

Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 24 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hair follicle infection needs antibiotics. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing back Sorry for the mistake But,breast problem also occurs in males.It needs examination and investigations. If you mean right sided chest pain then you need some investigations.There are many causes of pain. If markings are due to hair follicles infection then you need antibiotics.Most probably you have been prescribed already. You also need investigations like routine hemogram,RBS,LFT,RFT,Lipid profile,ECG in all leads.Your age is 70 years and advanced age is more prone to diseases,so you should get the investigations done and in future also you need periodic checkup. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX