Having pain and pus in ear. Can I use candibiotic ear drops?

ENT Specialist
i have regular pus from my left ear and also having pain.can i use ear drop CANDIBIOTIC ear drops.
Posted Fri, 14 Dec 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 1 hour later

Thanks for the query

Please do not use any ear drops unless examined and prescribed by the doctor.

Candibiotic is used when there is fungal infection. Please do not use the same if there is otitis media (middle ear infection) or otitis externa (infection of the outer ear), it can worsen your problems.

My sincere advice to you is to avoid water or any sort of drops into the ear. Consult your doctor for a complete examination of the ear and further management. Clean the pus when it is seen outside the ear.

Finally, do not use cotton plugs for your ear, it will lead to stasis of the secretions and further worsening of the problems..

Hope I have answered your query; I will be available for the follow-up queries.

Dr. Naveen Kumar N.
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon