Having pain and purple vein like varicose in the middle of scrotum. What to do?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
purple vein like a varicose in the middle of scrotum with some pain especially when scrotum is drawn up or very loose.
Posted Sun, 7 Oct 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
A prominent vein on the scrotum with pain in scrotum on hanging loose is likely to be due to varicocele. This happens due to venous congestion in the area. A direct examination by a surgeon is needed to confirm the diagnosis.
Meanwhile to decrease the congestion, you can start wearing a tight underwear so as to prevent the hanging of scrotum.
Embolisation or surgery might need to be considered in case of persistent pain and congestion.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Having pain and purple vein like varicose in the middle of scrotum. What to do? 1 hour later
What type if surgeon would you reccommend me to see, and also would a picture of the vein help before heading to that cost? Thanks
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 5 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
A close up picture of the area will be helpful in better evaluation. In case there is an increase in the size of scrotum along with the pain, consulting a urologist will be helpful.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.