Having pain and hydrocele on testicle. How to cure this?

I was told I has a Hydro cell of the testical now it is fluid out it like a ballon and has pain with it .Have all ready had ulter sound it is large what do you do? can it bust? the Dr said not to pick up any thing heavy. I have had this for Awhile.
Posted Mon, 8 Apr 2013 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 58 minutes later
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

A hydrocele is a collection of fluid in a sack within the scrotom where the testes are located.
Normally they are painless but if they are very large as yours is, there may be pain associated with it. Rarely persons may also have infection.

In most cases, in persons where the fluid is only in the testes and it does not extend further into the abdomen, you can watch and wait to see if problems develop.

In your case, where you are experiencing significant discomfort , then surgical treatment is necessary.You can try using over the counter anti inflammatory pain medication to see if this helps. This would include ibuprofen/cataflam, these should be used on a full stomach.
This surgery can be done as an outpatient and does not require hospitalisation.
It may be best to visit an emergency centre which usually provides access to insured and uninsured. The persons will ensure that there are no other contributing factors to the pain such as infection and may be able to guide you as to how to receive definitive treatment.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions