Having pain and feeling uneasy while swallowing food and facing indigestion problem. Any advice?

my son of seventeen years having pain in food tube and feels uneasy while swallowing food and facing indigestion syndromes.This problem persist for about 4 months and weighing 43 kg underweight feels fatigue all the time.
Kindly advice correct treatment and diagnosis.”>
food swallowing uneasiness,
Breathing obstruction,
while stepping stairs breathing difficulty
tight stool release
frequent belching
vomiting sensation
Is there any possibility for stomach ulcer?
Son of 17 years having said problem.
Despite being veg, grand mother had the problem of stomach cancer and died.

swallowed little mercury from thermometer at the age of 6.And child specialist diagnosed and confirmed out of danger.

Heart specialist checked and ECG result he is normal.
kindly advice is it of ulcer related issue
Posted Fri, 23 Nov 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 19 minutes later
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini, Gastroenterologist and I am pleased to answer your question.

Your son is having symptoms of esophagitis (the food-pipe is inflamed) and the probable cause is acid reflux disease.

He needs an upper GI endoscopy for confirmation.

For his constipation he needs fiber supplements and needs to take high fiber diet and drink plenty of fluids.

The shortness of breath he gets while climbing stairs could be due to anemia ( heart disease has been ruled out according you). His hemoglobin has to be checked.

You can call 0000 to fix an appointment with me for upper GI endoscopy and other tests and for prescription at Velammal Hospitals, Mogappair.

I hope that answers your question.

If you have no more questions, kindly accept this answer and rate this service.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini