Having pain and feeling lumps on stomach. Could this be hernia?

General Surgeon
Hello I am a 36 year-old female, 5 ft. 6in., 130lbs. My only pre-existing conditions are a hiatal hernia (a 1 cm. hole of the LES) and GERD, which I regulate through diet and natural supplements. Just over 24 hours ago, I noticed while in a sitting position that when my arm touched a certain spot on the right side of my stomach, it was very sensitive. The location is about 3 inches to the right (your left), and 1 inch above my belly button, and I would say that the particularly sensitive area is no more than 1 inch in diameter. I carried on with my day today, with only a few mild reminders of its existence, when I was in certain positions or did certain movements. Realizing that the pain was still there though, and perhaps even a little more sensitive today, a little while ago I tried to press to see if I could feel any lumps. I thought that I *might* have felt a small, almost ovular or oblong lump, but couldn't be sure. I kept on pressing and feeling around the area, and eventually got to a state where my body felt suddenly weak all over, and I felt as if I might pass out. That feeling stayed with me for about 3-5 minutes before finally passing. I had no additional pain, except for the immediate pain of the area when I was pressing it. thanks
Posted Tue, 10 Dec 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 48 hours later
Brief Answer: Hernia or benign lesion. Detailed Answer: Hello! Thank you for the query. First of all I`m so sorry you have been replied so late. Have no Idea why this has happened. Your symptoms sound like a hernia in the mentioned area or benign lump (like neurofibroma) which sometimes appears in soft tissues. Hernia usually gives more pain when coughing or lifting heavy objects. Benign lump will cause only a pain no matter if you cough or not. In mentioned by you spot there is also a gallbladder, however it does not give such localized pain. I suggest you to have soft tissues ultrasound to diagnose this lump. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.