Having pain after pro disc-c arthroplasty of c5-c6. Stopped lyrica due to side effects.Any suggestions?

Spine Surgeon
I had a pro disc-c arthroplasty of 5-c6 / apprx 1 year post-op now. Pain was alleviated to a degree initially after surgery... about 5 months after I started having pain again. The pain is between my shoulders from T1 - T3 and above c5. Pan in ribs and underneath clavicles accompanied by myelopathy, Positve hoffamans (r arm). xray shows ossification at the level repaired. Pain mgmt- cervical blocks ineffective. It feels like a couple of my vertebrae (that attach to my ribs are falling out of place causing rib pain/popping of shoulder blade and shoulder and clavical as well as what feels like nerve impingement. Pain mgmt has also tried the combination of cymbalta and lyrica (these dont seem to work) I've since stopped taking the lyrica due to side affects. Looking for pain relief any suggestions?
Posted Mon, 6 Aug 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Krishna Kumar 13 hours later
can you please send me a picture of your MRI?
Now that you have myelopathic features (I am not sure if you had these symptoms before surgery); you may have to undergo further decomprrssive surgery to improve your symptoms..Regarding pain management , have you tried analgesics like diclofenac/ tramadol etc?