Having pain above the pelvis, worsen when lying or taking turns. What could it be?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have a pain on the left hand side just above the pelvis. It is wost when turning over when laying down or getting up or out of bed. I feel it may be muscular but am not sure , I have quite a large stomack. Can you advise.
Posted Sat, 15 Jun 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 17 minutes later

I am Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi, I am Orthopaedic surgeon and spine specialist. I went through the details submitted with diligence.

Sacroilitis leads to deep persistent pain aggravated on particular position.
It can be due to compression of nerve due to spinal disc bulge,and muscle sprain can lead to same symptoms
Take muscle relaxant with analgesic, calcium with vit D, from doctor
For maintenance you need to continue hip and spine exercises, for that you can consult physiotherapist,he will guide you for your large stomach also.

Physiotherapy such as short wave diathermy and ultrasonic therapy can be helpful.