Having orange oils in stools followed by cramps, lactose intolerant since birth. History of pancreatitis. Related?

Hello, I have been having orange oils in my stools for approximately 1 month and afterwards have bad cramps in my lower abdomen. I have been lactose intolerant since birth (rejected breast milk and had soy milk instead) but have adjusted my lifestyle and mostly been healthy. I do have bad stomach pains quite often and have diarrhea. I am 5'5" and weigh about 100 lbs. My mom had pancreatitis and had her pancreas completely removed 10 years ago. Could my symptoms be related? I have never had any problems regarding cholesterol levels on my annual doctor visits. Thank you so much.
Posted Thu, 27 Jun 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Balaji Chinnasami 4 hours later
Thanks for your query to Healthcare magic.
the history you have provided probably suggest fat malabsorption.

Pancreatic juices are essential for fat digestion & absorption. since your mother had pancreatitits, pancreatic problems should also be considered in your case. My suggestion is to XXXXXXX a good gastroenterologist, who would order tests to asses pancreatic functions like stool for fat, trypsin etc & will initiate treatment accordingly.

If you have any further queries im happy to assist.

Take care,
Dr. Balaji Chinnasami, MD