Having open wound at several places and suffer pain. Had surgery after hernia repair. Help?

i am a 52 year old male that had surgery about 5 years this time i have several places that are open wounds ,and cause me a great deal of pain.there are lots of scare tissue under my skin that causes ongoing problems.constant drainage every day .this is the result of a surgien that caused me to have 3 different surgeries after a basic hernia i am a mess .i just cant take it anymore.please give me some advice!
Posted Mon, 12 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 1 hour later
Hi and thanks for the query,

I do understand how disheartening it could be undergoing and living such an experience. But I still believe something could be done. A few considerations need to be put in context.

Recurrent drainage could result from inappropriate closure or persistence of certain tracts in the body, communication between a cavity of viscus and the external surface through a passage (called either a sinus or a fistula), a collection of pus in area within the body and finally poorly drained pus or drug resistant infection with continues growth of a particular germs or bacteria.

Under such circumstances, a multidisciplinary team could offer a great solution. I strong suggest you consult an visceral surgeon and I plastic surgeon. A complete clinical review, with appropriate testing to identify either passages, collections should be done. Tests like fistulographies are available, but require an accurate clinical diagnosis before being realized.

I suggest you consult a visceral surgeon and a plastic surgeon consequently. A visceral surgeon, under certain circumstances could single handedly be helpful. Considering that you have undergone many surgeries, more caution is required and a team of EXPERIENCED surgeons, at least two, should be my idea.

I suggest you book am appointment with a visceral surgeon. Culture and sensitivity tests of any germs should be done. Sending sample to two different laboratories to increase sensitivity could be of much help. Thanks and hope this helps as I wish you good health.

Kind regards.

Bain LE, MD.