Having only one testis visible. Does it require any treatment?

one of my cousin had a problem during his birth where he had only one testes visible and other was not visible doctor said that as he will grow it will come down .all these days he thought he only had one testes but recently he felt the presence of the other testes while sitting for bowels. and in past 1 year his other testes have come partially down.he says when he stand's or walks it is half down in sac and when sitting for bowels it comes complete in sac but when he sleeps it completely its not lose like other testes in sac but tightly held.another important thing is the size of this testes is 2 times in size of the other.he has no pain and so unsure does this cause any harm and needs treatment. one more important point is this change had happened after 30 years. please advice what he needs to do. he is hesitant to share with his family
Posted Sat, 30 Nov 2013 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 11 hours later
Brief Answer: Evaluation needed from Urosurgeon. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress. Your cousin is having condition called un-descended testis. Testis usually descend at birth or within one year after birth. Due to that doctors wait for 1 year before any intervention. Testicles that do not descend by the time the child is 1 year old should be evaluated. Surgery should be done by this age. An undescended testicle is more likely to develop cancer, even if it is brought down into the scrotum. The other testicle is also more likely to develop cancer, even if it descended properly. Your cousin need examination and investigation by urosurgeon on pririty basis, due to following reasons: -Descend occur after 30 years. -His testis descend partially only. -It has increase in size. He need to brave, leave hesitation and meet urosurgeon. I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups. Wish you good health. Regards,
Follow-up: Having only one testis visible. Does it require any treatment? 2 hours later
won't there be any symptoms if u think it can develop Cancer? if the size of testis is large is it surely cancer? in Case if its not cancer can we leave it the way it is?
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 9 hours later
Brief Answer: Increase size increase risk of cancer. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for follow up. Sometime cancer development can be silent clinically. Usually in cancer patient become symptomatic in advanced stage of cancer. It's good. symptoms are absent in your case. To confirm that it is not cancer, it should be evaluated by urosurgeon. Wish you good health. Regards