Having one testicle. Abdominal CT scan advised. Chances of cancer?

i have only right testis
my age is 21.
what does An Abdominal CT scan detect?
what must i do?
how to check if i have cancer?
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 59 minutes later
An abdominal computerised tomography scan is used to detect several disorders. Since you have only 1 testis, it is possible that the other testis has remained undescended from the abdomen. This undescended testis can become malignant (or cancerous) and I think this is why an abdominal CT scan has been ordered for you.

An abdominal CT will help raise the suspicion of cancer in the undescended testis. A clinical examination with an ultrasonography will help detect an abnormality in the right testis. The best way to know whether the undecended testis is cancerous or not is by biopsy of the testis.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be available for follow up queries.