Having on and off tingling sensation on lower left leg and looks red. What is the problem?

Hi I have noticed that my lower left leg has a tingling sensation and looks red If I press the red part it leaves a fingerprint! It happens then goes away then returns!
Posted Fri, 31 Aug 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Thanks for putting up your problem at Healthcare Magic!
The swelling in your leg is most likely a XXXXXXX vein thromosis or a cellulitis.
In both the cases you should not do any massage to the limb and should not walk because it can dislodge the thrombus in case of DVT & can cause life threatening Pulmonary embolism or can sread the infection in case of Cellulitis.
Please report in an ER and investigations of doppler of the leg is important along with blood investigations to get the final diagnosis and management.
I hope the advise would be helpful for you.