Having occasional breathing gasps, controlled high BP and ventricular hypertrophy. Any solution?

Hello, I have been having occasional breathing gasps. I have controlled high BP. Can you tell me what this could be? I, also, have left ventricular hypertrophy.
Posted Wed, 8 May 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 1 hour later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Left ventricular hypertrophy is the result of elevated blood pressure.
It may regress over time with proper control of your pressure...

The ‘gasps’ are usually from anxiety / or missed beats? ...
Clinical examination is the first step.
EKG / X-ray chest, HOLTER (24 to 48 hour ambulatory monitoring) / ECHOcardiogram / TMT (Treadmill exercise ECG) / LABORATORY work-up (electrolytes) – may all be necessary for further assessment and assistance.

The treating doctor may suggest them depending on need, based on his assessment of the situation.

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Follow-up: Having occasional breathing gasps, controlled high BP and ventricular hypertrophy. Any solution? 1 hour later
Thank you Dr.,

I have had each of the aforementioned tests several times over the recent past. This is a new symptom, therefore the question. I do believe that it is anxiety.

Thank you so much!
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 9 minutes later

If these tests are normal, it should be anxiety.
There is no cause for concern
Ignore it and enjoy life...