Having numbness on left side of body, hyperventilation, anxiety. Any cure other than medication?

I experience a lot of anxiety, every day i have worries and issues. I have tried dealing with this by myself but am finding it very difficult. I do not want to take medication.
I have alot of physical symptoms such as numbness on left side of body especially in face and tongue, hyperventilation, numb hands etc..
Are these normal anxiety symptoms or could it be something else?
Posted Wed, 3 Apr 2013 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 56 minutes later
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic.

It is important to understand that anxiety can manifest with not only psychological symptoms but with a variety of physical symptoms as well.

Numbness of one side of the body, numbness or strange sensations in the face or tongue, hyperventillation, etc. are well known and common symptoms seen in anxiety.

So, you don't have to get worried about these symptoms. I would advise you to try relaxation techniques like XXXXXXX breathing, progressive muscle relaxation, yoga, meditation, etc. You can also seek professional help as there are effective psychological therapies like CBT, which can help control your anxiety.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist