Having numbness on knee, waistline and elbow. Feels pressure in abdominal area till lung area. All test normal. What to do?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Several months ago I developed persistent numbness on my right side from knee, through waisteline and on to elbow. This is accompanied by pressure in the right lower abdominal area, flaring up to the lower part of the lung cavity upon exertion. I have no other symptoms and can do all activities such as walking, biking, etc. as before.Had an MRI, CT Scan, and sonogram, nothing showing up.
Posted Mon, 1 Jul 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
The symptoms that you have described are likely to be due to a benign cause like vitamin B 12 deficiency, fluid and electrolyte imbalance or a thyroid hormone imbalance. A few blood tests will help in the proper diagnosis. Since your other investigations are normal, there is no serious cause involved.
Other causes include injury to the back or spinal cord, Lack of blood supply to the legs as a result of plaque formation in the blood vessels, diabetes, stroke, multiple sclerosis, etc.
You can take some Vit B12 for some days and see if the symptoms improve. In case the symptoms are persistent, do consult a physician for proper blood investigations and treatment.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.