Having numbness in hands with ice cold feelings. Getting headache. What could be the reason?

Hi , i have been having numbness in my hands and arms sweating of the hands and feet and sometimes the hands and feet feel cold as ice even when i have socks on and my stomache aches alot . When i yawn once in a while my bottom jaw feels tingly and like it is a muscle trying to go to sleep in the bottom under my chin. I also have headaches at least once a week now and hardly ever have had them my whole life. I feel foggy headed some days worse than others and forget thing people have said to me a few days later or forget saying things or being places once in a while. Feel as if i am going to pass out alot and scared to be alone and not able to work a normal job anymore. Dizzeness off and on.
Posted Fri, 29 Mar 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 21 minutes later
Hi and thanks for the query,
The symptoms you describe are on the sensations of hands and feet with fluctuating temperature feelings ans socks like feeling, are what is called in neurology, a peripheral neuropathy. They fit into the classical syndrome of socks and gloves syndrome. Sensations around the chin and forget fullness, other wise either retrograde or anterograde amnesia shall require a keen neurological assessment.
It would be interesting to know recent changes in your environment, family problems or job site issues. Depression and anxiety could aggravate some these symptoms. The neurologist shall helping classifying the headaches into primary or secondary headaches.
I strongly forget you book first an appointment with the neurologist, and may be with time, depending on the case, a psychiatrist and psychologist.
Thanks for now and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.