Ask a Urologist   »  

Having numbing sensation on the penis and testicles. How to get relief?

Hi, I have a numbing sensation on my penis and testicles! If it was rough masturbation would the numbness be present the same day or three days later? Are there any creams or solutions that can help? Will it eventually go away (temporary) or is there a possibility that it will be there for the rest of my life?
Posted Sat, 23 Mar 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 2 hours later
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

A numbing sensation on the penis and testicles is indicative of a nerve-related problem. This in turn could be due to a transient compression of the nerve, external trauma to the area (possible from rough masturbation), certain vitamin deficiencies or even due to other medical problems like diabetes, etc.

If it has been due to rough masturbation, the symptoms eould be present immediately and subside quickly. If it has been prolonged (i.e. for few days together), then it is unlikely to be due to this possibility, and this means that you would have to get yourself checked by a doctor.

So, I suggest that you see a doctor for a physical examination and a few other investigations, as per necessity. Further treatment and improvement will depend on the cause identified. Any topical creams or solutions are unlikely to help.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist & Sexologist