Having normal eye sight. Recommend the exercises and measures to be taken to prevent computer vision syndrome?

I sit before a computer for almost 9 hours everyday, with breaks at every 2-3 hrs. I donot wear spects as of now, my eye sight is normal. What exercises or measures do you recommend to prevent computer vision syndrome?
Posted Fri, 20 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Take regular breaks....

Detailed Answer:

I suggest taking frequent breaks say every 15-30 minutes from computer work as the best way to prevent computer related eye problems. In addition drink plenty of fluids and blink constantly.

Sit in a proper position so that the top of eye screen is below your eye level. Prefer to stay away from fan and A/C ducts. Make sure you use antiglare screen / glasses.

You may also use eye lubricants such as moisol if you have develop eye strains. That should take care of computer related vision syndrome.

Hope this helps. Write back for further clarifications.