Having normal BP, headaches, shaky hands and tired. What could be the cause?

My bpm usually is about 80... It's staying in the 100's and I have headache and shaky hands along with being tired all day
Posted Tue, 21 May 2013 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 29 minutes later

Thank you for sharing your health concerns.

Unless there is an inciting factor such as pain, fever, infection, exercise, low oxygen levels, etc, your resting heart rate should not increase from baseline. My best recommendation would be to be seen at an urgent care setting: an electrocardiogram (EKG) can be obtained, and it will differentiate between a normal or abnormal rhythm of the heart, such as SVT or atrial fibrillation; another test that they should check is thyroid tests (TSH and hormones) given your other symptoms of shaking and fatigue.

Hope this is useful, wish you the best health,

Dr Brenes-Salazar MD
Department of Medicine
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases
Mayo Clinic Rochester