Having no libido, painful and tender breasts, swollen fingers and face feel flushed. Is it due to side effects of low testosterone levels?
User rating for this question
I have been using Estrogen gel for about 2 years, and it has been a God-send! I rarely get hot flashes and my mood and crying spells are much more under control. But my libido is completely gone, so my doctor tested my testosterone levels, and they came back as -2.5. I don't know what that means, but she said that is low! So I took sublingual tablets for a month with absolutely no change. I took my first injection 3 weeks ago, and I feel like strange things are happening (although still no libido!): extremely tender - even painful - breasts and my fingers are swollen, so the scale says that I have put on 5 pounds in 3 weeks! I feel like a balloon. In addition, my face feels flushed frequently. Am I crazy, or could these be side effects of the testosterone? All I knew of was increase facial hair, but I didn't expect these. Thanks for your help.
Posted Wed, 11 Dec 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 34 minutes later
Brief Answer: Testosterone Detailed Answer: May I know the exact testosterone level with the units and the normal range for that particular lab where you had your levels measured please. For example is it 2.5 ng/dl with reference range of 0-0.5 ng/dl ?
People also viewed
- Low testosterone therapy side effects
- Cerazette side effects low testosterone
- Perinorm dose for lactation
- Norethisterone dosing to postpone menstruation
- Iodine 125 in medicine
- Cortisol effect on body
- Low testosterone shot side effects
- Dosulepin torticollis
- What are the 3 permanent dots on my eyeball
- Low testosterone injection side effects
- Niaspan side effects and low testosterone
- Should i take vivitrol
- Ofloxacin metronidazole suspension pediatric dose
- Thyroid hormone binding globulin
- How to dose cytomel