Having neurologic symptoms. Done with CT scan of chest and brain MRI. Was smoking. Chances of having lung carcinoma?

Would a Ct scan 8 months ago and an x XXXXXXX 1 month ago rule out the chance of having a lung carcinoma. I have been having neurologic symptoms and 3 months after the onset of those I was given a Chest ct with contrast, 1 month ago I had a chest x-ray. I am an ex smoker age 29 smoked ~4-5 pack years. Could a malignancy be small enough as not to show up through these radiographs. Additonally I had Brain MRI and all 3 spine segments with MRI 3 months ago. All results came back negative without finding.
Posted Tue, 24 Sep 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Ranjeet Jagdale 15 days later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Hi , Sorry to hear about your problem

Yes CT scan will rule out your cancer risk and a repeat CXR further confirms that. It is highly unlikely to develop a cancer now since u have quit smoking and ur young age.
For your psychological benefit you may do a repeat CXR after another 6 months to reassure yourself.

Hope this helps. regards
Follow-up: Having neurologic symptoms. Done with CT scan of chest and brain MRI. Was smoking. Chances of having lung carcinoma? 11 hours later
Along with my neurologic symptoms, both peripheral nervous(fasciculations) tightness of muscles and cns symptoms(visual XXXXXXX permanent and headache dizziness) I have had chest pain in the middle lower part of my chest for the past 4 months with a very intermittent cought. What are some causes of this with a clean CT 9 months ago and clean chest xray 1 and 2 months ago.
Answered by Dr. Ranjeet Jagdale 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Possibly secondary to smoking after effects

Detailed Answer:
These symptoms could possibly be due to nicotinic stimulation which has caused by cigarette smoking in the past.
Other cause could be bronchitis which may not be picked up every time on CT.
And unlikely these symptoms could be due to malignancy, considering you are having these for now almost 11 months ( 3months before CT)
Your Brain and Spine MRI are normal so unlikely there is some mass /tumor responsible for these symptoms.
May be you should consult a neurologist for these symptoms.
Hope this was useful.