Having neck stiffness and flem in throat. Had alcohol in party. Could this be caused due to alcohol?

Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist
Hi I was reading the article about the person who is having neck problems like stiffness and having the feeling of flem in his throat but yet hr can't clear it out and I have been having the same problem and I went to a party at my incles the other night and had some alcohol and now its bothering me even worse could ot be from the alcohol?
Posted Sat, 3 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 1 hour later
Thank you for using Healthcare Magic.
Your symptoms are unlikely to be caused by alcohol. It could be that you have nasal polyps causing a post-nasal drip. This can cause a constant drip of mucus in your throat.
The treatment usually involves steroid drops or nasal sprays which will shrink the polyps and reduce the drip.
I would suggest you see your doctor for further advice.
I hope this helps. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Dr K A Pottinger