Having neck pain, experiencing numbness in left hand and loss of peripheral vision in left eye. Should I seek medical attention?

Oct 2013

thank you - have 27 year old son who works for moving company. Just got home with complaint of left neck pain; experienced numbness in left hand at work, confusion, loss of peripheral vision in left eye, loss of memory. Co-workers gave him water and he felt better, regained focus but now has continued pain in neck. Need to see a doctor? today? tomorrow?
he is urinating a lot - clear or pale yellow
Posted Mon, 18 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Namala Bharadwaj 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
yes, he needs immediate medical attention.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Thanks for your query at XXXXXXX
I understand your concern.

Loss of consciousness, loss of memory, and vision indicate there might be problem in brain . These are very serious and concerning complaints.
Neck pain might be associated symptom.
These symptoms might be from trauma or vascular causes.

Yes he needs immediate medical attention without any delay.
Look for any signs of injury, If injuries are ruled out he has to be investigated urgently for vascular pathology in brain.

Physical examination followed by complete blood picture, PT, APTT, CT or MRI scan will help in further diagnosis.

Hope I answered your query. You are free to write back for clarifications.