Having neck pain, burning sensation between right scapula and neck region. What is the cause?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Neck pain, burning sensation between right scapula & neck region & shakiness
Posted Wed, 11 Dec 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Suggestive of cervical spondolysis. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. The symptoms and x-ray findings are suggestive of cervical spondolysis. Cervical spondolysis is due to the age-related degeneration ('wear & tear') of the vertebrae and discs in the neck region. This can cause compression of the nerves and hence pain and dizziness( shakiness). Apply warm compresses on the area. You can continue taking myospas to relieve the muscle spaasm after consulting your doctor. Application of topical muscle relaxants will also help. Cervical spondolysis also responds to anti-inflammatory drugs and cervical collars and traction.Continue doing exercises as prescribed by your doctor to strengthen neck muscles and stretch the neck and shoulders. It is also better if you correct any posture imbalances that you may have, whether in a sitting posture or in a standing posture like you should avoid sitting on computers for long. It is also very important to make sure that the pillow you use under your head is the correct size and thickness for your body. Make adjustments in your diet and add lots of calcium rich foods like curd, milk etc in your diet. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care Warm Regards
Follow-up: Having neck pain, burning sensation between right scapula and neck region. What is the cause? 3 hours later
Dear Sir, Thanx for your reply From your answer it seems that there is no specific medicine for cervical spondolysis. if it is available please mention specific medicine It seems that what ever the medicine you are suggesting will give only temporary relief but will not cure it Is it possible for you to diagnose me with severity of my cervical spondylosis I have checked with other patients who are suffering Cervical spondolysis but they are not passing through the symptoms which I am passing through like burning sensation at Scapular region, shakiness when sitting on chair with out back support or hand support, Pain or uncomfortableness while bending head to read news paper Would you please throw some light on exercises to be done with the help of pictures Regards, XXXXX
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 24 hours later
Brief Answer: No specific medicine to cure cervical spondolysis. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Sorry for late reply. You are correct. There is no specific medicine to cure the cervical spondolysis. Medicines are given for symptomatic relief. Burning sensation at Scapular region could occur due to irritation of nerve roots. Neck motion exercises and cervical isometric exercises are beneficial to maintain the strength of the neck muscles. Do these regularly under guidance of your physiotherapist, these will help you a lot. For pictures of the exercises, you can follow the given link- WWW.WWWW.WW Hope this helps you. Warm regards.