Having neck pain and taking tryptomer. What are the findings from the report?

Nov 2013

Dear Sir,

My reports are uploaded, please tell me what is my problem , what are the symptoms and what should I do further. Is it serious as I am still 34.
Posted Thu, 29 Aug 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Thyroid profile reports are normal.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for posting your query and uploading your reports.

First of all, I would like to reassure you that your blood reports related to thyroid, uploaded here, are within normal limits.

The neck pain could be because of mild cervical spondylosis, which is common in today's lifestyle, requiring more sitting, and less of exercises.

There is no need to worry, as simple neck extension exercises (which can be learnt under the guidance of physiotherapist) would help this condition improve.

Tryptomer may be continued for the time being.

I hope it helps.
Please get back if you require any additional information.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,
My personal URL on this website:
My email: YYYY@YYYY
My blog:
Follow-up: Having neck pain and taking tryptomer. What are the findings from the report? 4 minutes later
Sir, I was on the intention I have thyroid problem, as the thyroid stimulating hormone is more than the normal range. Please clarify
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for getting back.

I agree with you that TSH is more than the reference range mentioned in the lab report issued by Lucid, however, it is a minor variation.

In people who really have thyroid problems, it would be much higher.

In your case, I would not recommend starting thyroid medicines. However, this blood test may be repeated after three months. If we find that TSH has risen, then, medicines may be started. This is because the thyroid medicines, once started, should be continued for lifelong, so, one has to be very sure of the diagnosis of hypothyroidism.

I hope it helps.
Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM