Having neck pain and facing difficulty to move neck. Suggest medicine to get relief

Feb 2013

Hi I have pain in my neck from last few days and hence getting difficult for me to move my neck in all directions,

Looking for a suggestion or some medicine that relax the muscle and cure this neck pain
Posted Mon, 1 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 23 minutes later

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

The neck pain may be due to some neck muscle spasm.

My suggestion is to avoid pillow while sleeping, and sleep on flat surface instead of sleeping on soft mattresses.

Avoid situations that cause too much strain on neck muscles such as watching TV, working on computer, and prolonged driving.

Avoid sudden jerky neck movements like sudden turning of the head.

Maintain a proper straight posture while sitting and sleeping.

For immediate pain relief you can take analgesic like ibuprofen or a combination of analgesic and muscle relaxant like ibuprofen and chloroxazone in prescribed dosage after consulting your doctor.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.