Having neck pain. Taking ambien for ADD. How to get relief from burning and tingling nose?

I hae been struggling with awful neck pain for the last 2 years as well as waking up stiff and having to get up at 5am because my body hurts to lay in the bed. My neck pain is in my shoulders to base of skull.. My neck even hurts around to the front. I see a chiropractor about 2x a month. He tells me i carry all my stress in my shoulders and neck but I have so much pain on the daily basis. I do suffer with migraines. Uselly one a month around my mentural cycle. But in the last couple months at times my face will burn and my nose tingles and get really red. Alost a numb feeling. Comes and goes. The weird thing is when I lay down it gets worse. I sometimes just have to sit up to get relief from burning and tingling... The last two days I feel like i just cant relax my tongue and neck. The sides of my tongue feels heavy and side of neck just hurts. I have also noticed chuncks of dry blood in my left ear when cleaning them with q tip.. Any idea what could be wrong? I do take ambien nightly and adderal for ADD. 15mg in am and 10mg in the pm.
Posted Mon, 4 Mar 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 2 hours later

Thank you for your query.

From your description, we can assume the possibility of either some kind of damage or pressure on one particular nerve or the spinal attachment of that nerve, which is called nerve entrapment; or a disease condition affecting the nerves like peripheral neuropathy, multiple sclerosis, mononeuropathy, etc.

The causes can be endless, and thus difficult to diagnose. However, this is not something to take lightly. Please visit a neurologist at the earliest for an elaborate examination. The list of investigations might include MRI, nerve ultrasounds, nerve biopsy, nerve conduction tests, electromyogram (EMG), etc.

The investigations can be exhaustive, but please be patient as there are long lists of conditions that can cause your symptoms, and before there is worsening of your symptoms or general condition, I advise you to visit a neurologist at the earliest. Without an elaborate physical examination and thorough investigations, we cannot reach a diagnosis and treat your condition.

Feel free to write back to me any time, I am always available to answer your questions.

Best wishes.