Having nausea,weakness and blood in urine. What could this be?

my husband has nausea,weakness,and blood in his urine
Posted Wed, 30 Oct 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Symptoms suggest of infection

Detailed Answer:

The symptoms are suggestive of infection. It could be a urinary infection, STD or prostatitis.

In such cases I generally advise for an examination with blood and urine work up. You can start with an empirical antibiotic after giving the blood and urine samples. Since the antibiotic would come with a prescription you should XXXXXXX the local doctor for this.

You can start with good amount of fluids, cranberry juice, acetaminophen till the time you XXXXXXX the doctor.

Hope this shows a direction.