Having nausea, vomiting, migraine. Taking Max-Alt and antidepressant. Should I go to a neurologist?

I woke up with a migraine on Sat morning with my usual migraine symptoms (nausea, vomiting, please kill me headache, etc.) However, there are a couple of things that are bothering me about this episode. First, the migraine lasted over 48 hours - that is unusual for me. Second, I am fine one minute then sweating the next, cold then hot the next - but no fever. Third, today is Tuesday and although the headache is gone, my stomache is very very gassy - but no diarreah (sorry, can't spell today). I am having lower back pain and just feel like crap. An additional thing that bothered me is I am on Pristique - I know that taking my migraine med (Max-Alt) and my antidepressant is something to be careful of. Well, Sunday I thought I was having a nervous breakdown. My PCP just told me I need to see a neurologist which I agree - but should I be concerned of these other symptoms that are still hanging around? Could this have be some sort of virus instead of just a migraine?
Posted Fri, 5 Apr 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 1 hour later
Hi there, thanks for asking. Sometimes migraine symptoms may last for several days. For example, when a woman is mensturating (she is period), these symptoms may last more. It is called catamenial headache. Sometimes, fatigue and extreme exhaustion can cause it. Furthermore, if somebody does not have enough hours of sleep or XXXXXXX sleep, can have her headache to last for more than a day. The best way to abolish the migraine attack is to have enough rest, otherwise it may last longer than usual.
Abdominal pain, as you mentioned, could be a sign of migraine. I believe you shouldn't worry about it if you have no other symptom. Let me know if you have any question. I wish you a good health.